(traveller report by clicking on respective city)
Impressions from Brazil
Hints for Security
- In crowds, take your backpack to the front - and never put objects of value or important
documents in the back trouser pockets
- Avoid streets aside the main stream of pedestrians. Sure, nobody likes to swim in the
mainstream, but one's opinion changes after the first unpleasing attempt of aggression.
- Don't wear expensive looking wrist watches. Everything that has a modern touch gets
associated with dollars. In the most fortunate case it's increasing the prices -
in the least fortunate case the watch gets ripped off your wrist.
- Pay attention with orally negotiated prices - some persons will try to re-negotiate
the prices that have already been agreed upon (taxi driver, guesthouse, etc.)
- Don't play the hero in case of an aggression
- Don't get paranoid.
Links to Brazil